Today I ran 3.0 miles
Just to see if I could do it...
I ran until I could not feel my legs.
I ran just to tell myself I can do this!

You see I have been training for my first 5k. I have always wanted to run in one and this time... it is official. November 21 is the big day where I will join thousands of other runners from all walks of life and run a 5k. I am not doing this just to say, "Hey, I ran a 5k." I am running this because I know that this can be done and will be done. It is like when you have a goal set in your mind that will not leave you... this is how this has been.

So... my first week I started with just a mile. Simple enough, right? Well, it was kind of hard at first, but I had to keep persevering. And I have to persevere every day. I mean I am only two weeks into the training.

But because it is the two week mark I wanted to run farther than 1.75 miles just to see if I could do it, and I did.

Today I ran.
More than just 1.0 mile.
Today I ran 3.0 miles.
For some that is not a great feat, but for who I am it was very exciting.

I encourage you... if you have a goal or something that you have always wanted to do, go out and do it! Yeah, it will be hard at first, but go for it. Tell yourself that YOU CAN! You can do it! The Lord will run beside you and help you to push through!

Just run. Leap. Dance. Sing.
Do what you think you can and then do it again!


This entry was posted on 10:18 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: