Well... I had a great summer. I loved being at home and just living life the best that I know how. I head back to school tomorrow. Kind of crazy that it is already here, but you know... I am ready to finish out and take this year on. It is going to be different. That is for sure. Different people, different classes, different professors... lots of different. But you know, I am just going to take it on the best that I can and find the best in the moments I have. I will choose to make this a great year.

Here's my tops for Summer 2010:
1. All the traveling I did with my family in the big blue Ford truck. We traveled back and forth to football camps for Colby, to Topeka for Church conference, to Colorado for relaxation (and the firework show that was a flop), and many other places. I saw many beautiful sunsets, crazy yet engaging summer storms, and lots of flat lands.

2. The first few hours of every morning this summer. I know I sound crazy, but this is my most favorite time at home. I wake up to the smell of creme brulee coffee brewing in the coffee pot, kjil jamming on the radio, and lots of chatter and prayers being lifted up for the day. It really makes every day better!

3. The simple walks with Tucker. What's great about our dog is that even though he is on a leash, he stays close by to you. If he gets too far ahead of me on the walk, he waits for me to catch up. He always walks right beside me. He is loyal, faithful, and very passionate!

4. Traveling to see people I really care about. I had the wonderful opportunity to go places to see people I care deeply for. To be with people you love in really important times in their lives, is such a tremendous feeling of family and friendship. Going through lots of pray to lift up NCLEXs, interviews, church leadership, illness/hurting family, and so much more... It really brings joy to my heart and encouragement.

5. Having the privilege to have goals and to successfully follow through with them. I set goals for my photography, and through the Lord, they were met. Some of the goals include: connecting with ten more clients, building a successful website and personal domain, recreating my image/name for my mini business, and becoming more confident in my photographs. Praise the Lord... I met each one of these and I am so thankful that I did.

Now for this upcoming year... It is going to push me farther in nursing and teach me more and more about the Lord and who He is in my life. A few goals I have for this year include...

1. Passing my ATIs (I passed my first one in the Spring to my hardest class [OB] so I know I can do this)
2. Every day continuing to grow and learn something new about my relationship with God
3. Keep balance and consistency throughout my life


This entry was posted on 5:45 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: