For the first time in a LONG time, I can sit at the picnic table with a slight cool breeze whistling in the air. Its been a long time since I could sit outside and bare the weather, but today is different. Today it is Sunny 70 degrees outside. No cloud in the sky. Perfect. These days... make life feel so simple and beautiful. It is these days that I let my battery on my computer completely run out before I go inside to recharge, use a small short straw for my sweet tea so I can savor every taste, and peek in on the laughters and little chit chats around me (no ease dropping though!).

Something I have been learning this week...
You have to let the good in life weigh out the negative. For example...

The incoming freshmen at school are a huge class, but from what I see, they really are here just trying to gain the same kind of growth that we seniors have been working towards the past four years. They come in just as nervous to meet people as we are to see new faces. They want to build friendships and make lasting memories, and we want the same for our last year.

You can't let negative words, frauds, discouragement take a hold of you and pull you down. What good does that really do in our life? Does it make our days longer? Our dreams bigger? No, it simply takes away from the opportunity to really grow and be stretched in the Lord's faithfulness.

Don't let those moments in life destroy you. Take what is the best and live off of that. It will be worth it.

It's a beautiful day. Music strums in the background and weightless butterflies flutter around. The leaves are dancing on the trees and the reflective ripples mimic our shadows. It's a beautiful day. Indeed... it is.


This entry was posted on 10:49 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Unknown said...

    You are a beautiful writer, full of description that helps the reader visualize what you are writing about. Thanks for sharing your gift.

  1. ... on August 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM