So lately I have been thinking a lot about the 5-K I ran in November...

I have been thinking how exciting it was to cross the finish line.
To train.
To teach myself discipline.

Well it has been almost two months since the 5-K and I am really missing the determination and discipline I had during my run. So it has been getting me thinking about running a half-marathon. I know that sounds extremely crazy, but there was something about watching all the half-marathon/marathon runners starting off their race and then seeing them finish that just started a spark inside of me. Now, I am definitely not the MOST talented runner in the world. In fact, I am far from that. However, I feel anyone can do ANYTHING if they set their mind to it.

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

So I got to thinking... of course I can run a Half-Marathon. I just do not know where to start. You see, I graduate in about 108 days and well I would love to run one by that point and maybe potentially starting seeing a personal trainer.

However, there are a few dilemmas in the way...
1. Finances - Personal Trainers are not free. I have always wanted to get connected with one so they could teach me tangible steps towards daily improvement of my health and fitness.
2. Where to run the Half-Marathon - This one is not quite as difficult as the first, but still. There are so many options of where you could run a half-marathon. Do I run in one local, or do I travel somewhere to run in one... (which would increase the motivation to pull it off!)
3. Running the Whole Thing - I have this theory in my head... The hare may have been the fastest, but the Tortoise always won. My mom gave each of us kids a book during Christmas, and it has just been a motto of mine to follow through with the saying in that book. Running the whole thing would be a step all in itself. I think with a little determination and encouragement it is all possible.

Now I know I have listed some dilemmas here, but here is my thought behind all of this... God is so much BIGGER than all of this. He is a God who provides (who has consecutively showed me this the past month). He is a GOD of encouragement and strength (so when I am weak He will always be strong). And He is a God of perseverance (in those moments where I just feel like I couldn't run any longer, He will get me through.

I said all this to say... I am going to start doing some research... I am going to start seeing where to begin and continue to pray and ask the Lord what/where/when He exactly wants me to fulfill this. Remember... our plans are not always His. And in more ways than not, our plans sometimes just get in the way of the big spectrum of things.

I know I can do this. I know I can.
So the step begins here...

Let's see where this goes...



This entry was posted on 3:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: