We all go through phases in our lives. Some are really exciting and some are in the valleys. Recently, I was discussing percentages... It turned into the conversation of what percentage are we living our lives? It made me stop and think... what percentage am I living? Am I living life to 110%? Do I give give and give until it is satisfying, or do I only give 50%? I mean, 50% is an F.

The Lord did not have us to live at only 50%. He wants us out doing our very best and living our lives to the fullest. So how do we change our 50% to 100%?

For me, I have dreams and goals that I have written down on paper. I can sit and look at those dreams and goals all I want, but if I just let them sit on the paper, they are doing no one any good. So... I pull that piece of paper out (or my sticky note on my macbook), and see what I want to accomplish today. One of the things that I have had on my list for a long time is to run a 5-k. I started doing research and found that there is a 5-K on November 21st. Well, eight weeks ago, I felt as if I was not living my life 100% so I decided to do something about that. I started training for the 5-k. Through the strength that the Lord has provided, I am getting ready to run that 5-k... live a dream that I wrote out to be set and lived! I am not sure what I will do after the run, but I know that I will set out on a new adventure trying to conquer another one of those dreams.

It is really important that we try to live our lives at 100% or more :). Whether that is exercising, taking a vitamin, reading your Bible more, singing a song in the shower everyday, or going out of your way to serve someone else. There is no point on only going at 50%. Find a mentor, let someone encourage you if you are down, and do something about your percentage! You never know... that change in your attitude (about your percentage) may very well change your life!


This entry was posted on 1:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: