I'd have to say this was one of my favorite Thanksgivings! It did not have fireworks, tons of tropical warm weather, or even pumpkin pie (yes, there was no pumpkin pie). It was a simple family thanksgiving that was simply wonderful.
 My mom woke up early (as she always does on Thanksgiving morning) and placed the turkey in the oven to begin its slow cook. Everyone else (except for my Grandpa who wakes up at 4am every morning) woke up throughout the morning. Hot crispy edge pancakes were ready along with a nice hot cup of mocha mocha (ok, creme brulee coffee with a little splenda and creme, but whose complaining!).
 I went downstairs and watched the annual Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I came up every once and a while to chat with everyone. Half way through the parade, I came back upstairs to stay and made the veggie trays (this is my responsibility every single year! I love it!).
 By noon, Thanksgiving meal was all ready! We had hot turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry jello, strawberry fluff (family recipe), warm rolls, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, corn, gravy, angel eggs (we call deviled eggs angel... we don't want to give him any credit), and last but not least the veggie trays. I am sure I am missing something, but there was so much yummy food... I was stuffed before I even tried everything!
This year, I actually dressed cute and we took lots of fun family photos! They are treasures that we will love on for a real long time. We played games later with everyone (including Ben's, my bro, girlfriend). We drank hot tea and had wonderful strawberry pie. Yum yum!

Yes, in deed, this was one of my favorites! It was my family and I loved every part of it!

Now, I'm on to decorate the Christmas tree... ok, maybe I will just be putting the tree up this evening and then finishing it up with my mom tomorrow, but still... Christmas decorations are starting... WOOHOO! And Christmas music too (That's already started).

I hope all you lovely readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
I thought I would place a few of my favorite thankfuls from the past year below...

1. my continuing growing relationship with the Lord
2. momingo, padre, ben, little big bro Colb, grandpa, and Tuck
3. to my loyal chi... you are one of a kind!
4. to traveling to places i've dreamed up, and places i continue to go to
5. for those who provide encouraging words when you least expect it
6. to the unexpected moments in life that grant blessings of joy
7. for perseverance to push through and run a complete 5-k
8. those conversations that leave you feeling so complete and challenged
9. for night where you can be goofy with your best friend and no one else sees
10. for parents who push, encourage, and are always there in the down and up moments of life


This entry was posted on 7:09 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: