I'm going camping this week. Now I know it would be wonderful to be camping in this beautiful vintage teardrop trailer, but the kind of camping I'm doing involves air conditioned cabins, staining red koolaide, and a whole lot of sunshine.

Sometimes I think back to when I was in elementary school and would count down the days to Kids Camp. When the day would finally arrive, I'd be all nervous not knowing who my counselor would be or who I would be bunking with. I had my backpack on, lots of ponytail holders in hand so I could be a part of the "Braidy Bunch", and a king size sheet to make my "home" for the week. Yes, those days are long gone, but it is to my enjoyment to look back at how a camper of the week would be honored for memorizing the most scripture and for having the most genuine servant's heart.

As we load onto the bus at 7:30 am Monday morning, we will bustle our way up North to where the air is thick, the lake is full of teenagers dunking one another under the water, and a whole lot of laughter in between. Should call for a week of pure entertainment and joy!


This entry was posted on 12:23 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: